Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Le Professeur Gothique's Monthly Homework Assignment: Comfort and Joy


This month Le Professeur Gothique asked the question "how do you relax?"

The answer is pretty simple for me. It's being alone in my bedroom.
It's summer now. It's basically 40 degrees every damn day. I can't be bothered putting on nice clothes, I can't go out during the day. Summer sucks basically. Christmas is usually hot, I hate it. I'm not good at being around people, even my family.

The best place for me to be is my bedroom. I love it, it has everything to make me feel secure and happy.
I'm still living with my parents, I'm working on renting an apartment now that I have a steady job. My bedroom is really tiny and I have to shove everything in somehow.

Door to my bedroom. You can see some of my posters and my bed.

Here is my bed.


 My bookcase, and dressing table thing. My door is to the right.

 Bookcase, bedside table and bin.

Back of my door.

My chest of drawers is broken, most of my clothes are just shoved on the space in front. I also bought a TV just so I could play my video games :)

I hate how my room is tiny and I don't have enough space for anything. I wish I had enough room for a full length mirror. I usually have to guess what I look like before leaving.

I feel so safe and happy in my room. I can hide away and just do whatever I want without getting into trouble.

If I feel really crappy then I listen to the Cure. Somehow it always gets my mind off how lame everything is, even if it's only for a short while.



Then there is reading. Since I was a kid I've used reading to escape from bad home situations. I love re-reading my favourites. I've read Little Women a billion times and it's probably my favourite book.
The book I'm reading here is Persuasion which is my favourite Jane Austen book. It's very romantic and I think so much better than her other ones (I really dislike the popularity of Pride and Prejudice)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOLY SMOKES!!! Your room is epic! I'd need to spend some time in there looking at all the cool stuff. I love the way you cover your walls ... when I lived at home I moved into the attic. The walls and ceiling were wallpapered with images -- posters, clippings, artwork, whatever -- and I didn't need to paint.

I like your take on the assignment! Awesome!

Anonymous said...

er... I moved into the attic when my older siblings moved out. I was 16 ish? Sorry if I didn't make any sense, it's 9:26 am and I'm still trying to wake up. :)

Sal said...

"Epic" is the right word! :)
Your rooms is just so "Wow!".
Love the posters, love the mess. There's Arielle, too!
How did you manage to make all that stuff fit in there?

Sarah E. Jahier said...

I love all the posters on the walls...it reminds me of my room when I used to live at home! :)

Natalie said...

Thanks everyone! I was a bit quick about uploading this (ie. wasn't in a good mood)
My wall colour I chose myself and painted.
Posters and clippings are whatever takes my fancy. Heaps of photocopies of cute guys from magazines :P
Most of my stuff doesn't fit, so it overflows. It's even worse when I have to find something to wear and the clothing is at the bottom of my stuff :P

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

That wall color is a great backdrop for the posters and photos! Lots of personality has gone into that room; I can see why you would want to be alone there to escape the world! :) The Cure always does wonders for me, too!!

Mary Poppins said...

Thank you for posting this song, I nearly forgot how much i like it!

I usually re-read Dickens: A Christmas carol around december, and Anna Karenina.