Friday, May 31, 2013

Update on my broken ankle

Here is my x-ray, showing fractures in two places.
 
It's been three weeks since I broke my ankle on the bus.
 
Here is my bandage from the hospital to wait until the swelling goes down.
 
Yesterday I was given a proper hard cast on my ankle :)
 
I chose black, of course :)
 
I don't need surgery, although I might need it in the future if my bone fragment doesn't stick. I've been told to rest for another three weeks (lame!) and then I'll get a walking boot (yay!)
 
I'm really bummed, because I'm missing out on a house party, two clubs, and Killing Joke!
Killing Joke are having a concert next week, playing their singles. I'm really sad that I won't be able to see them. It would be really hard for me to get there and hobble around on crutches.
 
I feel bad that I'm missing out on so much work. I'm lucky that I have enough sick leave. I want to get back as soon as possible. I feel so guilty for having so much time off.
I haven't run out of things to watch, and I luckily have a lot of items to read on my Samsung tablet. I'm currently watching a lot of Mystery Science Theatre 3000 :)
 
I'm a bit lonely, but I'm always lonely so what's new? I'm annoyed that I can't do anything productive, like craft stuff, because all of my craft items are in boxes which requires me to walk around lots! :(
Maybe next week I'll try to get some sewing done. I'm doing a little bit of crochet at the moment, I'm going to make a blanket. I need more wool, but I obviously can't go and buy any.
It's finally cold here in Perth, and I'm really sad that I'm missing it! I love walking outside in the morning when I can see my breath. Stupid broken ankle.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

:( Rest up, home you feel better soon - lots of old 40s film noir on YouTube (I put a link to a few on my blog!)

Love the new blog layout, by the way!

linnea-maria said...

I do hope that those bone pieces will heal. Screws in the bones can be troublesome. What a pity you can't go to the concert. Take care and heal well.

Lucretia said...

Why feel guilty about taking time off work, you have a BROKEN ANKLE, for jeez' sake!! I'm sure no one at work would want to changes places with you... ;-P

Glad you got the card, and I'm sorry you are missing out on so much. Hopefully there will be other things happening when you are recovered that will help make up for it.

Insomniac's Attic said...

If I thought it would get to you in three weeks, I'd send you some wool! Enjoy catching up on the movies and reading while you can - you'll be back to work before you know it! :o)

Unknown said...

Hope you get well soon Natalie! <3 Sorry to hear you're missing out on so much :(

Laura Morrigan said...

Oh no, this is awful!

I've tagged you for the blog challenge if you wish to participate. Details on my blog.

Haze79 said...

Dude, if you need wool, why don't you ask me to get it for you, I work near Spotlight. It's no hassle.

Unknown said...

So, how did your recovery go? Although it seems like a minor fracture, I hope you rested fully and gave your ankle some extra healing period. That way, you’re sure that it won’t get reinjured again after a long days’ worth of activities. Take care!

Agnes Lawson @ Pain Relief Experts