Monday, July 1, 2013

Bat-Cave Mailorder

Bat-cave Mailorder offers lots of obscure band t-shirts. I placed an order in March and I've only just received it!! The shop is from Poland, and I know that Poland mail is very slow (I have a pen-pal from Poland, and our correspondence usually takes a while).
One thing I don't like about this shop is the lack of communication. I've send three e-mails to the store, asking where my order was and I did not receive a reply!
I seriously don't care that my order took 3/4 months to arrive, but having no communication is really rude and unprofessional. I had no idea if my order had been sent, or if I had wasted $50.

I purchased shirts featuring Siglo XX, Xray Spex, and Danse Society. The quality of the screen print doesn't seem to be 100%, but I guess only time can tell. I'm a bit worried about the print peeling off.

Overall, I'm a bit disappointed in this shop. The lack of communication was a deal breaker for me.

UPDATE 14/04/14: It's been a while since I got my shirts. I've washed them a few times, and they're holding up well. They're also still nice and soft. I'll take back my old review and say that the shirts a okay quality. It's the long shipping time that you have to watch out for, but I guess it's coming from Poland so it'll take a long time.

7 comments:

Haze79 said...

You're worried about the shirts print, give then to me and I'll press them at work.

Haze79 said...

You're worried about the shirts print, give then to me and I'll press them at work.

Michelle said...

Hi, I'm from Poland and I ordered a few things from this shop a long time ago and, as I remember, everything was ok. I don't know why they haven't replied you. It's stupid, but maybe they can't speak English, haha? You should know that in Poland there's really hard to get something... gothic (I mean classic goth, like CDs, bands' t-shirts etc). Anyway, my t-shirt with Rozz Williams, ordered few years ago is still like new and print is ok ;). Btw. I've got a big problem, because I fell in love with Pleaser boots and in Poland there are only two? shops where I found them and they were extremally expensive. In the other shop they were cheaper, but I'd must wait to October. I don't have a card or PayPal and I'm really angry I cant get them :/.

Maria Alexander said...

Indeed talk about lack of communication. It's a pity they don't even reply, a bit dissapointing for an alternative shop to be so ignorant. The x-ray spex shirt looks super though!

Jurassic Goth said...

Hope the print stays on them. I really wanted to be Poly Styrene when I was a kid. Me and my friend Dawn used to wear see through plastic macs and jelly shoes with spotty ankle socks and weird little dresses and x-ray spex badges and thought we looked so cool...we probably looked like dorky 11 year olds with badly back combed hair hehe :-)

Meagan Kyla said...

Thank you for this review. I wanted to order from them and I'm going to pass on your good advice. I'm sorry the t-shirts and service were not of such high standards :( Booo!

Bat-Cave.pl said...

We are so so sorry for this situation at Bat-Cave Productions. A lot of abroad email get to our spambox so we recommend to use contact form at our page to contact with us (or catch me on facebook). Everything here is DIY so it could be a little bit crazy but everything is under control (or we try to make it). :) About shipping - we quit economic shipping method for orders outside Europe coz Polish Post send it by ship and it could take even more than 10 weeks(yes, we know that's sick), right now we use priority shipping which is quite fast (airmail) but a little bit more expensive. There was never ever any situation that something get lost. About quality - we wear our t-shirt and it looks quite good for years. We started Bat-Cave Prod. coz we simply love this style but we couldn't found it anywhere. Best regards. Woodraf