Sunday, February 15, 2015

More Fringe World!

My last post was about working at Fringe this year. This one is about going to see a show!

Because I've been working so much I haven't really had a chance to see any shows, my shift finishes at 10:30 usually so I'm too tired to go out and see one.

I saw the Vaudevillians, with Jinx Monsoon from Ru Paul's Drag Race. The show is a cabaret, about two 1920's singers who were frozen and thawed out in the 21st century. They find that artists today have stolen their songs, so they sing us the 'original' 1920's version. Jinx Monsoon was a very talented singer.

I also saw Promise and Promiscuity, a one woman Jane Austen play. I was a bit worried about this one, because it's theatre, but anything to do with Jane Austen I'm there in a second! The woman doing the show did very well, she told a typical Jane Austen type story, very lighthearted and comedic, and she did each character with a different inflection so it was easy to follow. She made a nod at different Austen stories throughout, and she did some song and dance too.

Last Saturday I had the night off, so I went to see Eastend Cabaret with my Library co-worker/friend Marie. She hasn't been to any of the shows yet, so I wanted to show her around.


Here is Marie and me sitting on the moon. I think she really enjoyed Eastend Cabaret, we got really good seats so we could see all the action.

1 comment:

Insomniac's Attic said...

That's the cutest picture of you on the moon! :)